Monday, September 10, 2012

Prompt 5: Maps

After weeks of no creative mojo whatsoever, I am finally able to bring you Prompt #5! Woot! Jaimie chose the prompt this time around, and I’m not gonna lie, I struggled. I actually completed a couple of journal spreads, but ended up obscuring the maps almost completely lol What can I say, I like to layer!

Art Squared - Prompt 5: Maps

As usual, Jaimie has outdone herself with her digi goodness. I love her blending here, the restrained use of embellishments, and of course that quote. So perfect!

artsquaredJAIMIEprompt5

Credits: Fragments Antiquated by Rosey Posey; Heart Collage Pretty Bird by Rosey Posey; My Favorite Person by Studio Basic; Pieces of You by Jenn Barrette; Fusions Collage 2 by Tangie Baxter; Little Miss Personality by Jenn Barrette; Ephemera Stacks by Sahlin Studio; Waiting to Fly Mini by Sissy Sparrows; One of a Kind by Captivated Visions & Meg Mullens; Messy Paints by Amy Martin; English Rose by Captivated Visions; Heart Art - Seeing Spots by Sugarplum Paperie; Mess It Up by Kaye Winiecki; Stick Arounds by Lauren Reid; Heart Art - Ready to Wear by Sugarplum Paperie; Bad Sewing Machine - Round n Round by Traci Reed; Bad Sewing Machine - Kinda Kleen n Straight by Traci Reed; Bad Sewing Machine - Wonked by Traci Reed; Vintage Maps USA by Michelle Godin;

For my interpretation, I decided to go with a canvas, and a quote that I really need to keep in sight. I had a lot of fun with this, it felt good to really create again. If you’d like to see step by step pics of it’s creation, be sure to head over to my blog HERE.

artsquaredLITAprompt5

Supplies: 20x40 deep edge canvas, vintage maps and booktext, DecoArt decoupage, Liquitex gesso, Golden open acrylic in Nickel Azo Gold, Crafters Workshop template, black acrylic paint.

Thanks for stopping by! As always, we would LOVE for you to join in and share your creations. Just link us up in the comments section.

Happy arting!

Lita

2 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Lita! Just letting you know I posted my own pages, based on "maps" here:

http://beansiebabbles.blogspot.com/2012/09/twinkle-twinkle-little-wrinkle.html

I've been drawing since I was a kid, but painting is VERY new to me, so I hope these pages from my art journal are o.k.... Looking forward to participating in future art prompts, and thanks! ~tina

Leslie said...

What a marvelous quote. I've never come across it before. Excellent page. I just found you guys and plan to play along as best I can given the fact that I haven't won the damn lotto yet lol.