Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Prompt #2 - Tags

Hello out there! Jaimie here and I'm so excited to be writing my first post for the Art Squared blog. The wonderful Lita has chosen a fun prompt for us this week - come join us as we play with tags!!!


My draw absolutely dropped when I opened my email and saw the page Lita created for this prompt. Her use of collage techniques to build this page gives the eye so much to see. How about that lucky number 13? :) I love that Lita included it with her message about life as a gamble and making your own luck.


Miss Thang didn't give me a list of supplies, so if you're curious about anything on the page just let me know and I'll give you her personal cell number so you can call her at all hours of the night. haha Of course, if you called Lita in the middle of the night, you'd probably catching her working on a page for NEXT week's prompt already. 

Now, y'all know I work digitally most of the time. I considered tackling this page in my actual art journal, but I'm really struggling with my personal style lately so I spent a few hours (yes, hours) in Photoshop instead. I wanted to use tags as journal spots to capture what's going on in my life right now. 


I'm so glad I use ACDSee to organize and "tag" (hehe get it?) my digital files and Anna's Credit Tracker for posting page credits, because I pulled morsels for this page from all over the place. I won't bother you with the details here, but my Flickr page has all the details if you need them.

Lita and I hope you can take a little tag inspiration from us to use in your journals this week. Please link us up to your blog or gallery to show us what you're creating, and we'll see you back here next week's prompt.

No comments: